Why Use Built Up Roofing Systems for Your Commercial Building?
Built-up roofing is the most popular material used on low-slope roofs. A built-up roofing, is composed of several layers of bitumen surfaces, and finished up with an aggregate layer or coating. Recent built-up products incorporate a rigid insulation layer as part of the built-up roofing. The fabrics or layers used on built-up roofing are called ply sheets. These sheets are commonly reinforced with fiberglass mats or organic mats, depending on their application. Built-up Roofing provides ultra-violet protection.
There are many advantages that a building owner enjoys when choosing to have a built-up/hot tar roofing system installed to his building.
- Built up roofing systems are a cost-effective solution.
- It is applied with minimal hassle such that building occupants are not disrupted.
- It ensures impact and fire resistance.
- It is decorative, hard wearing and comes in a variety of skid resistant finishes.
- Built up roofs are easy to clean.
- This system has a superior ability to bridge joints and cracks.
- Built up roofs promise excellent color stability.
- Reflective materials can be used over the top coat so as to reduce the effect of ultra violet radiation.
- Long term warranty comes with many built up roofing systems.
- It has commendable waterproofing capabilities.
- Tensile-strength for build up roofs is high.
- With insulation, performance of a building component can be significantly improved.
- Built-up roofing systems reduce heating and cooling costs.
How Does Built Up Roofing Work?
The installation of a BUR system involves mechanically fastening the base sheets to the deck, then installing felts with the bitumen material, alternating layers of fabric and bitumen. The surface is a cap sheet of bitumen or a flood coat then an additional layer of gravel or some other type of coating.
One of the most popular options is the cool roof application, which is a BUR system that delivers high solar reflectance. With this type of building, business owners experience immediate and long term savings in energy costs. A cool roof cuts down on building heat gain by reducing the temperature the roof will reach during the day. It also extends the life expectancy of the roof membrane, especially under the hot sun. In addition, it cuts down on air pollution.
Why Choose Culver Roofing for Your Built Up Roof System Replacement
Culver Roofing Company specializes in Commercial Hot Tar Roofing and Built Up Roofing Insurance damage claims restoration.
We pride ourselves as being an industry leader by installing the highest quality built up roofing systems backed by some of the best manufacturer warranties in the industry.
Installing both new built up roofs and replacement of hot tar roofs, our expert team has experience of more than 30 years in commercial built up roofing.
Protecting your investment is our goal. Our work is approved by major roofing materials manufactures, and we are committed to your complete satisfaction.
As professionals in new commercial built up roofing construction and emergent building hot tar roofing restoration, we are comprised of an expert team dedicated to providing reliable solutions to your commercial roofing needs.